Buying a home can be confusing. So, when you are ready to buy, here are the “Home Buying Guidelines” you’ll need. Including what you need to do… in order!
• Get pre-approved for a mortgage prior to making an Offer. This is vital if you want a smooth, home buying process. A letter of pre-approval will allow you to shop for a home and write an offer with confidence.
• If you have to resell soon, don’t buy an unusual house. Unique colored siding or interior design might be tricky to re-sell.
• Even if the quality of the school district doesn’t matter to you now, remember it might someday to another Buyer. A school district can effect the purchase and sale price of each home.
• Brand new homes may be lower in maintenance costs but can be higher in out of pocket expense at first, as they often do not come with kitchen appliances, central air, or a lawn in place.
• There are no perfect homes. Be ready to make compromises or concessions. Know what’s most important to you and give on things that aren’t. Making a list of your “Must Haves” is a great idea!
• Location, Location, Location. Some things don’t change. Whether it’s the distance from work – your kid’s school – or activities, like a local gym – decide how far you want to be from the places you visit the most!
• Supply and demand is a critical issue. Be ready to move quickly when you find what you want.
• Pay attention to floor plans. Changing layouts of rooms can be costly. Design TV shows make knocking down a wall seem simple – it’s often things you can’t see that will increase cost.
• Be an educated Buyer. Learn as much as you can about the market before you buy.
• Imagine the home with your decor. Do not be swayed by decorating the furnishings will go with the Seller.
• Vacant homes appear bigger than they are. It may be a good idea to measure to make sure your furnishings will fit.
• Buy the best home you can afford in the best neighborhood you can afford. You are almost always better off with the least expensive home in the area rather than the most expensive.
• Pay attention to the original listing date of the properties you look at. Sellers tend to be more flexible the longer the home has been on the market.
• Be honest and open with me. I am working for you and can best help you if I have a good understanding of your needs.
• Be loyal to your agent. We are working hard for you and investing our time and talents with you. We want the very best for you! Please, be loyal to us and stick with us throughout your entire home-buying process!
I would love to help direct you with all of your home buying and selling needs! Contact The Kelly Davies Homes Team, Landro Fox Cities Realty LLC Today: ⠀ Call or Text: (920) 791-9047 Or PM Us On Facebook!!